Monday 3 November 2014

Flat Plans - Billboard


Rationale

I am currently unsure what image I will use for my billboard at the moment but I am leaning towards using a mid shot picture of my model, with foliage to the left of her, this will resemble the Wildfox "take me to paradise" billboard. This sort of image would appeal to my target audience as they would very probably be aware of the previous campaign by Wildfox. However, another possible image would be my model on horseback but I think this may look a bit too 'country' and distract from the fact that it is a fashion magazine.
I will keep the colours the same as the real image, so add no filters or make any adjustments to the colours at all, this will give a more realistic look and hopefully make the image more relatable to my target audience; I think that if I adjusted the colour too much it would make the image too fantastical and so become unrelatable for my audiences. For the same reason the lighting I use for this image will be high-key, natural lighting. 
The font used on my billboard will be the same as that used on my magazine so as to be identifiable as for the same product without having to actually have read what is written. The colour scheme for my magazine will also be bought across to reflect the season. 
The clothing my model will be wearing in this image will be the same as those that are present in my magazine as the pictures will be taken at the same time. The clothing she will be wearing will likely be high street clothing and so my target audience will be able to see what she is wearing and relate to the image, especially if they own items of clothing that my model is wearing which is entirely possible.
My model's hair and makeup will be done relatively neutrally - with the makeup being slightly more dramatic than would normally be worn day to day for a stand-out effect. By keeping the hair and makeup relatively uncomplicated this will also make the product relatable to my target audience.
As with my magazine my model's facial expression and body language will be relatively neutral so as to not exclude any potential audience members, especially my primary female target audience.
As this is a billboard its purpose is to promote my product in locations where there is only a limited amount of time to do so (for example, on a motorway or on the side of a bus). Due to it only having a short period of time to make an impact the settings and props should make the image stand out, so they shouldn't make the image too 'busy' but they should also aim to generate a certain amount of interest in the billboard so as the public pay attention to the product being advertised. My billboard will either be empty of props and just have the countryside as the setting which will be enough to be interesting to the audience, or there will be a horse present which may grab more peoples attention as it's not something many people see every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment