Sunday 2 November 2014

Location Scout



I chose to take many of my pictures in Ridlington which is in the county of Rutland in central England. Although I live in the North East I have chosen to take my pictures here and aim my regional magazine at the young females who live in Rutland and the surrounding area as I grew up here and know the target audience here on a more personal level. 

Due to my magazine being a regional magazine I thought it would be best to take the images within the region I am targeting - the East Midlands, this means that my product then has a relatable edge to it and my target audience can identify more easily with my product as they may know the area or, in fact, live there. That said, the East Midlands is a relatively big area and so it would be unrealistic to think that everyone would know where Ridlington is, however, much of the countryside within the Midlands does look quite similar and follows a lot of the same formats so it would still be somewhat relatable.
I have also chosen to take pictures in my model's bedroom - this will be deeply relatable for my primary target audience as my model is a female in her late teens from the Midlands. The genre I am aiming for is slightly more sophisticated than some current magazines available and I think that that is because of the area I am targeting, but both locations I have chosen should reflect that well and appeal to my target audiences.

The mise en scene of the setting will not be very carefully thought out as I want the images to have a 'natural' look so as they are more relatable. However, I will look for there to be no cars visible in any of my shots and there to be bright, high-key, natural lighting in all of my images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment