Thursday 11 December 2014

Comparison - Front Cover

In this post I am going to compare the main product that I am producing (a regional magazine) with an existing product. For more accuracy I have picked the December 2014 edition of Glamour, so both of the magazines in question are focusing on the same time of year and are both roughly interested in the same things (although Glamour is more of a general lifestyle magazine than purely a fashion and beauty magazine). Here are some of the similarities and difference I think are notable between the two products.


SIMILARITIES

  • kept the colour shemes simple (using white and one other colour)
  • model/star in front of text
  • grey backgrounds (mine is more 'busy' though) 
  • made a key feature out of a fashion article
DIFFERENCES
  • no barcode on the glamour one (it's featured on the back)
  • different lighting (natural lighting is used in all my photos where as the Glamour ones were shot in a studio)
  • my magazine has a tagline
  • my header doesn't stretch right across the page
  • glamour looks more simple but has the same number of articles

No comments:

Post a Comment