Thursday 11 December 2014

Comparison - Third/Fourth Page

With my third/fourth page I did a double page spread of a focus trend. I am comparing it to Glamour magazine's version of a double page spread on current trends. The way I have done my double page spread is quite different to how most magazines do it and I have merged a few styles of trend page to create my product. 
Glamour magazine makes the page quite simplistic and easy to look at, with plain titles and easy to spot looks. It has most of the clothes separate from the models with just a few model images to demonstrate how the trends have been taken from the catwalk and what they look like when worn.
My product, however, doesn't have any images of the clothes separate from the model but instead various images of the model in a few different outfits. I have also added quite a bit of text to give the audience more information on the trends but I have done it in quite a chatty way as this is a regional magazine I feel it doesn't need to be quite as professional as some other magazines that are national international, that said Glamour is quite colloquial. If my magazine were a real product it is likely an article like the Glamour one would follow within the next few pages as my article is more of an introduction to the trend rather than just featuring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment